|Vampire Hunter Swordsmen|
|Soul Reaver 2 enemies • Moebius's Vampire hunter troops|
A Vampire Hunter Swordsmen in SR2
|Introduced in||Soul Reaver 2 (2001)|
|Eras||Pre-Blood Omen era|
|Territories||Sarafan Stronghold, Shrine area, Swamp|
|Affiliation||Moebius's mercenary army|
|Abilities||powerful overhead slash|
|Vulnerabilities||short range, easily sidestepped, vulnerable to crouching [heavy] strikes|
Vampire Hunter Swordsmen were a were a Human 'vampire hunter' enemy class affiliated with Moebius's mercenary army. The Swordsmen were armed with broad Falchions and were encountered in the Pre-Blood Omen era at the beginning of Soul Reaver 2.
Vampire Hunter Swordsmen were troops of Moebius's Vampire Hunter faction, encountered by Raziel in the Pre-Blood Omen era of Soul Reaver 2. They wore somewhat ragged brown cloth armor decorated with the symbol of Moebius's Vampire Hunters with a white hood and wielded broad Falchions. Swordsmen would often be confronted along with other Vampire hunter allies[SR2].
Vampire Hunter Swordsmen were the short range fighters of the Vampire Hunter faction, excelling in close-quarters combat. Swordsmen had powerful attacks, but were slow and had a limited attack range compared to their allies.[SR2].
Raziel first encountered Vampire Hunter Swordsmen in the Sarafan Stronghold shortly after he emerged from its Time-streaming chamber in the Pre-Blood Omen era and they would frequently be encountered throughout that era. They were later seen nearby the Shrine|Shrine area and in the Swamp[SR2].
- Vampire hunter swordsmen are comparable to the close-range sword-wielding fighters of the other 'hunter' factions in Soul Reaver 2, (the Demon hunter swordsmen of the Demon hunters in the Post-Blood Omen era, and the Sarafan warrior swordsmen of the Sarafan in Nosgoth's early history).The Vampire hunter swordsmen were noticeably the weakest of these variants. Notably the Vampire hunters used the same Falchion weapons as the later Demon hunter swordsmen[SR2].
- Apart from the weaponry used, Vampire Hunter swordsmen were visually identical to the Vampire hunter cannoneers[SR2].
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Prima Games / Demian Linn and David Hodgson. Prima's Official Soul Reaver 2 Guide. (2001)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Soul Reaver 2 manual. Crystal Dynamics. (Eidos Interactive). (October 31, 2001) Download.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Bestiary: GameFAQs. Soul Reaver 2 FAQ/Walkthrough/Soul Reaver 2|Online (by Celtic Wolf).