|Vampire Hunter Pikemen|
|Soul Reaver 2 enemies • Moebius's Vampire hunter troops|
A Vampire Hunter Pikemen in SR2
|Introduced in||Soul Reaver 2 (2001)|
|Eras||Pre-Blood Omen era|
|Territories||Sarafan Stronghold, Pillars, Swamp|
|Affiliation||Moebius's mercenary army|
|Abilities||wide attack arc|
|Vulnerabilities||lunge attacks, crouching [heavy] strikes|
Vampire Hunter Pikemen were a were a Human 'vampire hunter' enemy class affiliated with Moebius's mercenary army. The Pikemen were armed with Halberds and were encountered in the Pre-Blood Omen era at the beginning of Soul Reaver 2.
Vampire Hunter Pikemen were troops of Moebius's Vampire Hunter faction, encountered by Raziel in the Pre-Blood Omen era of Soul Reaver 2. They wore dark, tight-fitting cloth and metal armor with a grey hood; wielding Halberds as weapons. Pikemen would often be confronted along with other Vampire hunter allies[SR2].
Vampire Hunter Pikemen were the mid-range fighters of the Vampire Hunter faction; competent in close-quarters combat, but with a greater range than their swordsmen allies. The Pikemen, using their halberds in a series of sweeping and arcing strikes. Pikemen were faster and had a longer range but lacked the power of their Swordsmen allies[SR2].
Raziel first encountered Vampire Hunter Pikemen in the Sarafan Stronghold shortly after he emerged from its Time-streaming chamber in the Pre-Blood Omen era and they would frequently be encountered throughout that era. They were later seen nearby the Shrine and Pillars area in the Swamp[SR2].
- Vampire Hunter Pikemen are referred to as "vhba" in game files[SR2].
- Despite the gender implied by their name, Vampire hunter pikemen are clearly female[SR2].
- Vampire Hunter Pikemen are comparable to the mid-range fighters of the other 'hunter' factions in Soul Reaver 2, (the Demon hunter axemen of the Demon hunters in the Post-Blood Omen era and the Sarafan warrior pikemen of the Sarafan in Nosgoth's early history) though they were notably the weakest of these variants[SR2].
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Prima Games / Demian Linn and David Hodgson. Prima's Official Soul Reaver 2 Guide. (2001)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Soul Reaver 2 manual. Crystal Dynamics. (Eidos Interactive). (October 31, 2001) Download.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Bestiary: GameFAQs. Soul Reaver 2 FAQ/Walkthrough/Soul Reaver 2|Online (by Celtic Wolf).