|Vampire Hunter Cannoneers|
|Soul Reaver 2 enemies • Moebius's Vampire hunter troops|
A Vampire Hunter Cannoneer in SR2
|Introduced in||Soul Reaver 2 (2001)|
|Eras||Pre-Blood Omen era|
|Territories||Shrine area, Swamp, Sarafan Stronghold|
|Affiliation||Moebius's mercenary army|
|Abilities||Long-range cannon shots|
|Vulnerabilities||low health, little close combat capability|
Vampire Hunter Cannoneers were a were a Human 'vampire hunter' enemy class affiliated with Moebius's mercenary army. The Cannoneers were armed with hand cannons and were encountered in the Pre-Blood Omen era at the beginning of Soul Reaver 2.
Vampire Hunter Cannoneers were troops of Moebius's Vampire Hunter faction, encountered by Raziel in the Pre-Blood Omen era of Soul Reaver 2. They wore somewhat ragged brown cloth armor decorated with the symbol of Moebius's Vampire Hunters with a white hood and wielded portable hand-held cannons. Cannoneers would often be confronted along with other Vampire hunter allies[SR2].
Cannoneers were the ranged-attacking troops of the Vampire hunter faction; in combat, they kept their distance and used their cannons to fire cannonballs at Raziel from long-range. At close-range they had little combat capability (though they could use their cannons as a melee weapon in close-quarters) and little health with quickly charging them and singling them out being an effective tactic[SR2].
Raziel first encountered Vampire Hunter Cannoneers in the Pre-Blood Omen era, shortly after he left the Sarafan Stronghold and ventured out into Nosgoth. They would frequently be encountered throughout that era and were later seen nearby the Shrine|Shrine area, in the Swamp, and would be present in the Sarafan Stronghold after Raziel returned from forging the Light Reaver[SR2].
- The Vampire hunter cannoneers are comparable to the long-range fighters of the other 'hunter' factions in Soul Reaver 2, (the Demon hunter cannoneers of the Demon hunters in the Post-Blood Omen era, and the Sarafan warrior sorceresses of the Sarafan in Nosgoth's early history). Vampire Hunter Cannoneers were notably the weakest of these variants[SR2].
- Apart from the weaponry used, Vampire Hunter Cannoneers were visually identical to their Swordsmen allies[SR2].
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Prima Games / Demian Linn and David Hodgson. Prima's Official Soul Reaver 2 Guide. (2001)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Soul Reaver 2 manual. Crystal Dynamics. (Eidos Interactive). (October 31, 2001) Download.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Bestiary: GameFAQs. Soul Reaver 2 FAQ/Walkthrough/Soul Reaver 2|Online (by Celtic Wolf).