|Soul Reaver 2 standard weapons|
Raziel armed with a Trident in Soul Reaver 2
|Introduced in||Soul Reaver 2|
Sarafan warrior pikemen
Tridents were first encountered by Raziel as he traveled into Nosgoth's early history and met his first Sarafan enemies, with the mid-range Sarafan warrior pikemen using them as weapons.[SR2] The tridents notably had a Sarafan symbol at the prongs.[SR2]
They were a two-handed weapon variant; with a longer range and more power than swords, but at the cost of the attacking speed. They were also faster but less powerful than the axe variant weapons.[SR2]
- Like many of the weapons in Soul Reaver 2, Tridents are not explicitly named in-game. In many guides and sources, weapons are divided by generally into one- or two-handed weapons, or into general weapon families (with Tridents a two handed halberd/pike variant).
- The Trident is labelled as "sarapike" in game files[SR2] and as "tridents"" in Prima's Soul Reaver 2 guide.
- The Trident is used as a weapon by none of the Sarafan Warrior Inquisitors when Raziel confronts them in the Sarafan Stronghold in Nosgoth's early history[SR2-C9]; despite both Rahab and Turel being depicted with them in murals in the Chapter House[SR2].
- Despite the appearance of the Sarafan Warrior Pikemen, the Trident does not appear in the Defiance Comic, where a 'plainer' trident without the Sarafan symbol is seen in its place. The same cosmetic change happens to the Sarafan Longsword wielded by the Sarafan Warrior Swordsmen[DEF-Comic].
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Prima Games / Demian Linn and David Hodgson. Prima's Official Soul Reaver 2 Guide. (2001)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Soul Reaver 2 manual. Crystal Dynamics. (Eidos Interactive). (October 31, 2001) Download.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Weapons: GameFAQs. Soul Reaver 2 FAQ/Walkthrough/Soul Reaver 2|Online (by Celtic Wolf).