|Introduced in||Blood Omen 2 (2002)|
|Status||intact (as of post-Blood Omen era)|
During Chapter 1:the Slums, Umah and Kain were separated and Kain had to talk to several Cabal Contacts to find the hidden Smuggler's Tunnel that would lead him onto the Lower City and Sanctuary [BO2]. When he arrived in the Smuggler's Den in Chapter 2, Umah advised Kain (via the Whisper ) that he should seek a Cabal Contact in "The Tavern", who would be able to direct Kain to the Smuggler's Tunnel.
The Tavern itself was an unremarkable building containing a few tables, a bar and a fireplace, it also contained a 'mezzanine' level, with a balcony which overlooked the main bar[BO2]. Kain met the Cabal Contact on the stairs here, but their meeting was spotted by the barkeep who called Sarafan guards to his aid. Kain was able to leave the Tavern by moving a bookcase on the upper level and escaping through a hole in the wall to a neighbouring property. (though this was possibly a different section of the same Tavern)[BO2].
- The T&A Tavern is referred to by Umah simply as "the Tavern"- the sign outside the building says the tavern's name is simply "Tavern"[BO2], however, in Prima's Official Blood Omen 2 Guide, the Tavern is called "The T&A Tavern" and the guide even includes a picture of the Tavern sign featuring the full "T&A Tavern" name. It is unknown whether this was an early name for the Tavern that was removed from the final game (presumably due to its resemblance to the slang term).
- Shortly before he encounters the Tavern, Kain comes through a similarly set out building which may also be a competing (unnamed) drinking establishment. The proximity of a similar business may explain the part of the reason for the Tavern's original longer name[BO2].
- The Sarafan Guards called by the Barkeeper will rush up to the outside of the Bar and can be seen looking in through the window, but they will not enter the Tavern. Once they are called, Kain cannot return to the outside of the building through the way he came in, (despite the door still glowing as if it is active), it is locked. The Barkeeper has a bar which (in a possible nod to the barkeeps of Blood Omen ) prevents him from being harmed. The Cabal Contact that Kain meets can also be killed by Kain, or the nearby Thug[BO2] .
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Objective 1: Find the T&A Tavern "A Cabal agent will meet you at the local tavern. He's got information you need: the location of the smuggler's tunnel that will take you into the lower city." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Blood Omen 2(2002). Page 16. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Kain: "I do not require their hospitality. You spoke of a Smuggler’s Tunnel I must find?"//Umah: "Yes, it is hidden somewhere in this district, I know not where. I have sent word to a member of the Cabal to help you. You will find him at the tavern, deep within this district."//Kain: "How will I know this – person?"//Umah: "He will know you. Find the tavern quickly. We will speak again later." Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- ↑ "There is one more Thief to deal with before you can reach the tavern at the end of the street. There is a checkpoint right outside its door. Activate the checkpoint before opening the door and entering the fine establishment.//Ignore the patrons milling about and head towards the stairs. You'll encounter a man who identifies himself as a friend of the Cabal. He tells you that the entrance to the smuggler's tunnel is located beyond the church." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Blood Omen 2(2002). Page 18. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0
- ↑ "The bartender calls for the Sarafan Guard, preventing you from heading back outside the way you came in. Go upstairs instead. On thesecond floor, you'll encounter another club-wielding Thief. Take him out with a few well-placed slashes, and drink his blood to refill your Blood Bar.//That large bookcase looks suspicious. As you approach it, the bookcase will glow. Press and hold the Action button and Kane will summon his inhuman strength, allowing you to pull the bookcase away from the wall. A hole will be revealed." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Blood Omen 2(2002). Page 18. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0