Short Swords were first encountered by Raziel in the Pre-Blood Omen era as he investigated the Dark Forge, with the swords initially held by the Swordsmen thralls. Short swords would again be encountered along with the Swordsmen thralls in the Light Forge and in the Post-Blood Omen era in the Air Forge.[SR2].
Short Swords were one-handed sword variant weapons; they were slower and more powerful compared to Claws; but were faster and less powerful compared to trident/halberd and axe variant weapons.[SR2] Despite the 'stunted' appearance of these weapons, they had no lesser range than other sword weapons, with all sword variants having the same attributes and move-sets[SR2].
- Like many of the weapons in Soul Reaver 2, Short Swords are not explicitly named in-game. In many guides and sources, weapons are divided generally into one- or two-handed weapons, or into general weapon families(with the short swords a one-handed sword variant).
- Short swords are labelled as "bknsword" in game files[SR2] and as "short swords" in the Prima guide.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Prima Games / Demian Linn and David Hodgson. Prima's Official Soul Reaver 2 Guide. (2001)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Soul Reaver 2 manual. Crystal Dynamics. (Eidos Interactive). (October 31, 2001) Download.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Weapons: GameFAQs. Soul Reaver 2 FAQ/Walkthrough/Soul Reaver 2|Online (by Celtic Wolf).