Kain was able to encounter Serg in the Lower City in In Darkness We Gather, shortly after he had passed through the Ducket's Traders Warehouse and returned to the 'main street' of the Lower City. Serg ran by Kain and conversed with another Sarafan Guard on the other side of a Ward Gate[BO2].
Kain could overhear as the two guards discussed the culpability for an attack "the Slums Station", which had apparently knocked out several Ward Gates in the area. When confronted with the possibility that he could be facing a Vampire attack, Serg suggested that it could be "humans working for vampires" and both he and his associate used the opportunity to leave the area to "question" a widow and her three daughters [BO2].
- Despite being named by his associate, Serg is referred to in scripts as "Seraphan/Sarafan Guard 1" or "First Sarafan Guard"
- Serg is a rarity in that he is a named minor enemy character, a distinction he shares with the unseen Sarafan Guard Joseph.
- Like many of the conversations involving NPC's and minor enemy characters in the early chapters of Blood Omen 2, Serg's interaction is entirely optional and he can be killed at any time. If left alone to complete the conversation he will retreat beyond the Ward Gate with the other guard[BO2].
- Serg's associates suggestion that they "question" and do some "thorough searching" of a widow and her three daughters (though humorously framed) perhaps hints at another uncomfortable side of the Sarafan oppression in Meridian.
- Shortly after his encounter with Serg, Kain would pass by the "Playhouse"( a theater) where a peasant couple will discuss the similarly named Sergio.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Seraphan Guard 1: "What’s the news? Is it...?"//Seraphan Guard 2: "It is! Your wish is granted, Serg, vampires have attacked the Slum Station. All the wards in the area are down. You’ll be facing the vampires at last."//Seraphan Guard 1: "You’re certain it’s vampires? "//Seraphan Guard 2: "Use your wits. Ward gates only stop vampires. Why would a human shut them down?"//Seraphan Guard 1: "It could be humans working for vampires."//Seraphan Guard 2: "You’re right! There’s a house on the next street I’ve had my eye on. A widow lives there."//Seraphan Guard 1: "With three daughters, yes, I know the place."//Seraphan Guard 2: "Those girls could be traitors... They could be working for vampires."//Seraphan Guard 1: "Or selling goods on the black market."//Seraphan Guard 2: "We should go question them. It’s our duty."//Seraphan Guard 1: "Do some…searching?"//Seraphan Guard 2: "Thorough searching."//Seraphan Guard 1: "I’ll pass the word to the next station." Crystal Dynamics. Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.