Scimitars were first encountered by Raziel in the Pre-Blood Omen era as he investigated the Light forge, with the powerful Greater thralls using Scimitars as weapons. Scimitars would again be encountered along with the Greater thralls in the Air Forge in the Post-Blood Omen era and in Janos Audron's Retreat in Nosgoth's early history.[SR2][SR2-C6][SR2-C8].
Scimitars were a one-handed sword variant weapons; they were slower and more powerful compared to Claws; and were faster and less powerful compared to trident/halberd and axe variant weapons.[SR2]
- Like many of the weapons in Soul Reaver 2, Scimitars are not explicitly named in-game. In many guides and sources, weapons are divided by generally into one- or two-handed weapons, or into general weapon families(with the scimitars a one-handed sword variant).
- Scimitars are labelled simply as a "sword" in game files.[SR2]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Prima Games / Demian Linn and David Hodgson. Prima's Official Soul Reaver 2 Guide. (2001)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Soul Reaver 2 manual. Crystal Dynamics. (Eidos Interactive). (October 31, 2001) Download.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Weapons: GameFAQs. Soul Reaver 2 FAQ/Walkthrough/Soul Reaver 2|Online (by Celtic Wolf).