|Recurring voice actor|
Cast profile of Paul Lukather from Soul Reaver 2 bonus materials.
|Full name||• Paul David Lukather|
• New York City, New York, U.S.
|Position||• Voice actor|
|Credited in||• • •|
Throughout the games, he played the character of Vorador, contributing to Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, Soul Reaver 2, Blood Omen 2 and Legacy of Kain: Defiance. In Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, he also voiced Bane.
Lukather was an alumnus of Yale School of Drama, where he received a Master of Fine Arts degree, and enjoyed an acting career spanning over half a century. He began touring with the Barter Theater as Macbeth, and went on to appear prolifically in major and minor roles on live-action film and television from the mid-1950s to the 1980s.
Throughout the years, he appeared in well-known series such as The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Get Smart, Mission: Impossible, Starsky and Hutch and Cheers, and starred or co-starred in 1960s films Dinosaurus!, Hands of a Stranger and The Way West.[SR2] He also maintained a presence in stage acting, appearing in John Krizanc's Tamara.
Lukather was among the six actors who provided talents for Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain in association with the Screen Actors Guild. The cast impressed series creator Denis Dyack and writer Ken McCulloch, and Lukather's primary role, Vorador, emerged as "one of the most popular characters", judging from fan-mail following the game's release. He reprised his role for three of the four further Legacy of Kain games, exempt only from Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, and appeared in outtake videos for Soul Reaver 2 and Legacy of Kain: Defiance.[SR2][SR1][BO2][DEF]
Aside from his Legacy of Kain voice work, Lukather also played President James Johnson in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, and Zev in Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits. More recently, he engaged in philanthropic work, co-founding The Brass Ring, an "equestrian foundation for rehabilitation of the disabled and handicapped", with his wife.
- Among those whose birth dates are known, Lukather was the oldest individual credited for working on the Legacy of Kain series, and, with the exception of Gordon Hunt, the only one who was born in the 1920s.
- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (voices of Vorador, Bane)
- Soul Reaver 2 (voice of Vorador)
- Blood Omen 2 (voice of Vorador)
- Legacy of Kain: Defiance (voice of Vorador)
- Paul Lukather at Wikipedia.
- Paul Lukather at the IMDb.
- Making-Of LoK Defiance : Doublage 7 at YouTube (by NosgothFR).
- Paul Lukather's personal site.