The Light Reaver was an enhancement for the Wraith Blade. It was the second enhancement gained by Raziel in the Pre-Blood Omen era at the start of Soul Reaver 2, discovered as Raziel investigated the Great Southern Lake and found the Light Forge. Solving the puzzle of the forge, Raziel was able to imbue the Wraith blade with elemental Light, creating the Light Reaver.[SR2][SR2-C4]
The Light Reaver manifested as a bright yellow blade which could be used to light up darkened areas. Reaver bolts from the Light Reaver could be used to power Light crystals and activate associated mechanisms, including opening Doors, spawning objects, changing liquid levels, lowering bridges and other applications.[SR2]. As with other wraith blade enhancements in Soul Reaver 2, the Light Reaver was only temporary and would be lost upon Shifting to the Spectral Realm, but it could be re-imbued at light attuned Reaver fonts[SR2].
- The Light Reaver was originally intended to have several other abilities which were intended to be gained from a separate Light Reaver augmentation. The augmentation abilities were ultimately cut from Soul Reaver 2, but would be implemented in Defiance as the Charged attack and Reaver spell of the more permanent Light Reaver.
- A unique application of the Light Reaver is seen in the Air Forge, where Reaver bolts from the Light Reaver can be fired at a special Engraved stone in the entrance chamber which is marked with the light symbol - this 'projects' the stone shape onto an area of the wall behind, decaying into a gated barrier which could be phased through. Light and Dark Reaver bolts are additionally used to directly power power the Air forge by being fired at their respective symbols inside panther heads, without the need of Light Crystals.[SR2][SR2-C6]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Prima Games / Demian Linn and David Hodgson. Prima's Official Soul Reaver 2 Guide. (2001)
- ↑ Weapons: GameFAQs. Soul Reaver 2 FAQ/Walkthrough/Soul Reaver 2|Online (by Celtic Wolf).
- ↑ Soul Reaver 2 manual. Crystal Dynamics. (Eidos Interactive). (October 31, 2001) Download.
- ↑ Reaver Upgrades at The Lost Worlds (by Ben Lincoln)