|Soul Reaver terms|
A Health recharge in Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
|Introduced in||Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (1999)|
|Related articles||Health coil, Health power-ups, Eldritch energy recharges, Pillars of Nosgoth (SR1), Fire Forge (SR1), Chronoplast|
Health recharges could be found in three areas within in Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver; with two of these necessarily encountered as part of the plot of the game and the third being entirely optional.[SR1][SR1-C4][SR1-10][SR1-Misc]
Raziel could encounter the first Health recharge in Soul Reaver (chapter) as he entered the Sanctuary of the Clans and battled Kain at the Pillars, with the first platform spawning after Raziel gained the Wraith Blade.[SR1][SR1-C4] The final health recharge was encountered in Showdown With Kain as Raziel investigated the Oracle's Cave and entered the Chronoplast chamber, where the recharge point was located in the center of the room during the battle with Kain.[SR1][SR1-10] A third recharge point was also present in the main chamber of the Fire Reaver forge, but its discovery and use was entirely optional.[SR1]
Health energy recharges were represented by a yellow coil symbol on the ground accompanied by glowing golden particles. When Raziel stepped onto one, the golden particles became green and they completely refilled Raziel´s health energy to his current maximum amount.[SR1]
- Health recharges are not named in game, but they are officially referred to as such in Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver manuals. In the Prima guide variant terms are used such as "Health refill", "Health energy refill", "Health refill marker" or "Health energy refill marker".
- Health recharges notably use the same spiral design pattern as used to indicate, Raziel's Health coil and the deleted Spirit Glyph, also associated with Souls and soul energy.[SR1][SR2][DEF]
- One of the health recharges is positioned inside the Fire forge and as such it is possible that the other deleted Elemental Reaver forges were also intended to house health recharges which were removed along with their respective forges.[SR1]
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver manual (US version). Crystal Dynamics. (Eidos Interactive). (August 16, 1999) Download.
- ↑ Prima Games / Mel Odom. Prima's Official Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver Guide. (1999)