Halberds were first encountered as Raziel arrived in the Sarafan Stronghold in the Pre-Blood Omen era at the start of Soul Reaver 2. The Halberds could be found adorning the walls of the corridors of the stronghold, though they were more often found throughout that era in the hands of the Vampire hunter pikemen enemies of Vampire hunters[SR2].
Halberds were a two-handed weapon variant; with a longer range and more power than sword variants, but at the cost of attacking speed. They were faster but less powerful than axe variant weapons[SR2]
- Like many of the weapons in Soul Reaver 2, Halberds are not explicitly named in-game. In many guides and sources, weapons are divided by generally into one- or two-handed weapons, or into general weapon families (with Halberds a two handed pike/trident/Halberd variant). Halberds are named as such in Prima's Soul Reaver 2 guide.
- The Halberd is labelled as "vhaxeb" in game files.[SR2]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Prima Games / Demian Linn and David Hodgson. Prima's Official Soul Reaver 2 Guide. (2001)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Soul Reaver 2 manual. Crystal Dynamics. (Eidos Interactive). (October 31, 2001) Download.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Weapons: GameFAQs. Soul Reaver 2 FAQ/Walkthrough/Soul Reaver 2|Online (by Celtic Wolf).