Falchions were a Sword variant weapon that could be used by Raziel in Soul Reaver 2. They were initially held by Vampire Hunter Swordsmen in the Pre-Blood Omen era and Demon Hunter Swordsmen in the Post-Blood Omen era.
Falchions were first encountered by Raziel as he arrived in the Sarafan Stronghold in the Pre-Blood Omen era and met the first Vampire hunter swordsmen enemy variants (of Moebius's Vampire Hunters) who would be armed with the broad Falchions as weapons. As Raziel traveled into the Post-Blood Omen era he would again encounter these swords, this time held by the Demon hunter swordsmen of the Demon hunter faction.[SR2].
Falchions were a one-handed sword variant weapons; they were slower and more powerful compared to Claws; and were faster but less powerful compared to trident/halberd and axe variant weapons.[SR2].
- Like many of the weapons in Soul Reaver 2, Falchions are not explicitly named in-game. In many guides and sources, weapons are divided by generally into one- or two-handed weapons, or into general weapon families(with the Falchions a one-handed sword variant). The Falchions are named as such in Prima's Soul Reaver 2 guide.
- The Falchion is labelled as "vhswrda" in game files.; within the other files, the "vh" tag generally refers to the Moebius's Vampire Hunters[SR2], perhaps suggesting the Falchion was originally intended solely as a vampire hunter weapon.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Prima Games / Demian Linn and David Hodgson. Prima's Official Soul Reaver 2 Guide. (2001)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Soul Reaver 2 manual. Crystal Dynamics. (Eidos Interactive). (October 31, 2001) Download.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Weapons: GameFAQs. Soul Reaver 2 FAQ/Walkthrough/Soul Reaver 2|Online (by Celtic Wolf).