|Blood Omen 2 NPCs|
A Promotional image of a Female Wretch
|Introduced in||Blood Omen 2 (2002)|
|Eras||Post-Blood Omen era|
Eyeless Wretches came in either gender, though they were predominantly female (only one male wretch is seen - aside from the torsos on the walls). The Wretches were dressed in rags (or a surgical gown) and had their eyes sewn shut  (or possibly removed altogether), presumably by their jailers, the Prison guardians.
The wretches were presumably incarcerated on a variety of charges; some were allowed to roam corridors, others were confined to cells; some were even tortured in a special wing of the prison[BO2]. Like other NPC's, the Wretches could speak to Kain, but their information was of little use and seemingly tainted by madness.
- Despite simply naming many NPC classes as "humans", Prima's Blood Omen 2 Guide consistently calls Eyeless Wretches "Lost Souls". Debug information labels them as "eyeless"[BO2].
- Blood Omen 2 had several pieces of Eyeless Wretch dialogue removed from the game, many are disturbing or humorous, including a whole poem about owls and two figures who proclaim "I'm in hell, but at least I don't have to work on videogame development!" 
- ↑ Official Blood Omen 2 site Creatures page
- ↑ Eyeless Wretches at Dark Chronicle (by Marie Tryhorn).
- ↑ Eyeless Wretch: "Oh! No, get away! I’m not ready! I don’t want to die!" Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- ↑ Eyeless Wretch: "Biscuit! He took it. He shouldn’t have! Biscuit, please! Have you got a biscuit? Oh, just one. Biscuit, please!" Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- ↑ Eyeless Wretch: "Four-hundred-million, six-hundred-seventy-six-thousand, two-hundred-twelve bottles of ale on the wall. Four-hundred-million, six-hundred-seventy-six-thousand, two-hundred-twelve bottles of ale…" Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- ↑ "Look through the center door near the discarded axe. You can Charm the lost soul inside. She isn't pretty, but she'll do the job. Have her pull the switch inside to open the door, allowing you to enter." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Blood Omen 2(2002). Page 64 onwards. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0
- ↑ Prisoners of Eternity Page at The Lost Worlds (by Ben Lincoln).
- ↑ Blood Omen 2 Deleted Dialogue (Part 2) on You Tube