|Blood Omen 2 terms|
Two Mercenaries in front of a palette of Explosive Devices
|Introduced in||Blood Omen 2 (2002)|
The Explosive Devices were large spherical devices with a small metal handle atop them and a lever on the front to detonate the device, Kain was first exposed to them through the actions of two (rather undisciplined) Mercenaries in a nearby factory/commons, who deliberately triggered a palette of the devices, which blew most of the wall of the factory away and injured or killed many nearby Humans.
- The devices are not named in-game and are only referred to as "explosive devices" in scripts.
- On several occasions, Kain can use Charm on Industrial workers to detonate the devices right next to Mercenaries and other enemies.
- It is unclear how the humans expected to use the explosive devices, the only way shown to detonate them is to press the lever, which likely kills the person who used it.
- In his Boss Battle, Faustus throws 'firebombs' or 'explosives' that may be related to these devices[BO2].
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Two mercenary guards approach a palette of the explosive devices produced by the factory.//Mercenary 1: "Ever seen anything like that?"//Mercenary 2: "Don’t touch it! I’ve heard it’s magical and dangerous."//Mercenary 1: "Oh, they say that about everything. The workers move them all the day. C’mon, it won’t do any harm to –"//The first mercenary pulls a lever, detonating the entire palette, and demolishing the nearest wall of the room. Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- ↑ " A cut-scene shows two ignorant workers accidentally igniting an explosive device. Lucky for you, the blast knocks down the large iron door (and much of the wall)" Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Blood Omen 2(2002). Page 49. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002).