Gateway to the Ducket's Traders Warehouse
|Introduced in||Blood Omen 2 (2002)|
|Status||intact (as of post-Blood Omen era)|
|Features||Meridian Script signs and grafitti, crate and crate moving machinery|
Making his way through the Lower City, Kain's progress was stopped by gatekeeper Duncan, who refused to let Kain through a gate to the workers area unless Kain told him who he worked for. Visiting Cabal contact the Tapster in the Red Raven Pub, Kain was able to find that Duncan would let him passed if he told him he worked for Ducket's Traders.
Further on in the level, Kain passed the outside of the Ducket's Traders Warehouse, which was decked out by warning signs; "Peddlers Stay Out" and "Keep Out Private Property". Shortly afterward Kain was able to climb over the fences an enter the Ducket's Traders Warehouse. Entering by an upper loading window, he passed through the Warehouse, nearly fully stocked with crates and was able to use the machinery to drop several crates through floors and enable him to reach the sewers underneath the building, which allowed him to move further along the Lower City's main road and bypass a Ward Gate .
The machinery in Ducket's Traders allowed Kain to drop crates on several occasions, creating holes through the floors. Kain could also use them to kill NPC workers -the same mechanism could be used in the Bonus mode to swap the places of one of the NPC's and Kain, so that the crate was dropped onto Kain, it does not harm him and he doesn't react to it.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002).
- ↑ Duncan: "Restricted area. This passage is for night shift workers, only."//Kain: "I am the night shift."//Duncan: "Then tell me, who do you work for?"//Kain: "I work for no man."//Duncan: "Move along and stop wasting my time."//Kain: "We’ll meet again. Soon." Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- ↑ Tapster: "I don’t know, I promise! It was dark; I couldn’t tell where the voice was coming from. It was as if the night, itself, spoke to me. It told me to give you the message, ‘Seek the vendor near the warehouse, for he has news for you’."//Kain: "Is that all of it?"//Tapster: "No, if you tell that fool, Duncan, you wok for Ducket’s Traders, he’ll let you through the gate to the workers area." Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- ↑ BO2 Bonus Mode#5 on You Tube
- ↑ "Blood Omen 2 Observations #107. Inside the yard of Ducket's Traders, someone's written on the wall - 'No Freedom under Seraphan rule!' I wonder whether the incorrect spelling was intentional or a mistake by the BO2 team.". A Comprehensive Plot Guide to the Legacy of Kain seriesat GameFAQS. (2005)(by LOKFanatic).