Demon Hunter Swordsmen were a Demon Hunter variant enemy featured in Soul Reaver 2. Demon Hunter Swordsmen were armed with broadFalchions and were encountered in the Demon-infested Post-Blood Omen era.
Demon Hunter Swordsmen were troops of the Demon hunter faction, encountered by Raziel in the Demon-infested Post-Blood Omen era . They wore heavy black and broze metal armor and helmets and wielded Falchions, they would often be confronted along with other Demon hunter allies[SR2].
Demon Hunter Swordsmen were the short range fighters of the Demon Hunter faction, excelling in close-quarters combat. Swordsmen had fast-powerful attacks and were also defensively quite strong, regularly blocking attacks and able to withstand a lot of damage..
Raziel first encountered Demon hunter swordsmen (and other demon hunters) in the Demon-infested Sarafan Stronghold shortly after he emerged from its Time-streaming chamber in the Post-Blood Omen era. They would frequently be encountered throughout that era, particularly in the Sarafan Stronghold, Pillars area, Swamp, Uschtenheim and around the nearby mountains area[SR2].
- Though explicitly hunting Demons, the Demon hunter enemies will notably attack Mutants if confronted with them.[SR2]
- Demon hunter swordsmen are comparable to the close-range sword-wielding fighters of the other 'hunter' factions in Soul Reaver 2, (the Vampire hunter swordsmen of Vampire hunters in the Pre-Blood Omen era, and the Sarafan warrior swordsmen of the Sarafan in Nosgoth's early history). The demon hunters swordsmen were stronger,tougher and quicker than the vampire hunter swordsmen, but were likewise out-classed by the sarafan swordsmen. Notably the demon hunters used the same Falchion weapons as the vampire hunters.
- Given the relationship between the Demon hunters and Moebius's mercenary army, it is possible that the some of the demon hunters encountered by Raziel in the Post-Blood Omen era may be descendants of those in Moebius's Army.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Soul Reaver 2 manual. Crystal Dynamics. (Eidos Interactive). (October 31, 2001) Download.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Prima Games / Demian Linn and David Hodgson. Prima's Official Soul Reaver 2 Guide. (2001)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Bestiary: GameFAQs. Soul Reaver 2 FAQ/Walkthrough/Soul Reaver 2|Online (by Celtic Wolf).
- ↑ Demon Hunters at Dark Chronicle (by Marie Tryhorn).