Demon Hunter Axemen, also known simply as Axemen, were a Human Demon Hunter enemy featured in Soul Reaver 2. Demon Hunter Axemen were armed with a large two-handed axe and were encountered in the Demon infested Post-Blood Omen era.
Demon Hunter Axemen were human troops of the Demon hunter faction, encountered by Raziel in the Demon -infested Post-Blood Omen era . They wore heavy black and broze metal armor and helmets and wielded heavy two-handed axes [SR2].
Demon hunter axemen were mid-range fighters, competent in close-quarters combat, but with a greater range than their swordsmen allies. Axemen wielded heavy axes, giving them powerful, but ultimately slow attacks. Along with their offensive power, Axemen were also defensively quite strong, regularly blocking attacks and able to withstand a lot of damage. Demon hunter axemen were often encountered along with other Demon hunter enemies and Demons[SR2].
Raziel first encountered Demon hunter axemen (and other demon hunters) in the Demon-infested Sarafan Stronghold shortly after he emerged from its Time-streaming chamber in the Post-Blood Omen era. They would frequently be encountered throughout that era, particularly in the Sarafan Stronghold, Pillars area, Swamp, Uschtenheim and Mountain areas[SR2].
- Though explicitly hunting Demons, the Demon hunter enemies will notably attack Mutants if confronted with them.[SR2]
- Demon hunter axemen are comparable to the mid-range fighters of the other 'hunter' factions in Soul Reaver 2, (the Vampire hunter pikemen of Moebius's mercenary army in the Pre-Blood Omen era, and the Sarafan warrior pikemen of the Sarafan in Nosgoth's early history) notably the Axe means the axemen have lesser range and speed, but greater power than their counterparts in other eras.
- Given the relationship between the Demon hunters and Moebius's mercenary army, it is possible that the some of the demon hunters encountered by Raziel in the Post-Blood Omen era may be descendants of those in Moebius's Army.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Soul Reaver 2 manual. Crystal Dynamics. (Eidos Interactive). (October 31, 2001) Download.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Prima Games / Demian Linn and David Hodgson. Prima's Official Soul Reaver 2 Guide. (2001)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Bestiary: GameFAQs. Soul Reaver 2 FAQ/Walkthrough/Soul Reaver 2|Online (by Celtic Wolf).
- ↑ Demon Hunters at Dark Chronicle (by Marie Tryhorn).