Players (in order of appearance)Edit
- Kain (voiced by Simon Templeman) and Kain's voiceovers
- Azimuth (voiced by Anna Gunn)
- Ariel (voiced by Anna Gunn)
Dialogue: The Long and Winding RoadEdit
|Kain (V.O.):||Avernus consumed itself before my eyes.|
|Kain (V.O.):||The gate of Avernus opened slowly before me, daring me to cross the threshold. Who was I to reject such an invitation?|
|[Finding mutilated corpses...]|
|Kain (V.O.):||The city was paved in blood and flesh. Yet, what would have appalled in my life only tempted me in death. Once I would have felt horror; now only hunger remained.|
|[...and demolished buildings:]|
|Kain (V.O.):||Avernus lay in ruins before me. Whatever hand slaughtered its people ravaged the city as well.|
|[Encountering a demon:]|
|Kain (V.O.):||The beast paused for a moment, drooling in anticipation of the fine meal he saw before him. To his disappointment, he would not find me such easy prey.|
|[Encountering a huge demon:]|
|Kain (V.O.):||I felt its eyes upon me, eager, hungry, as if it longed to rip my heart out and eat it before me as I died. I laughed as the onslaught began. Perhaps when it was over, it would be the other way around.|
Dialogue: Avernus CathedralEdit
|[Entering the cathedral:]|
|Kain (V.O.):||Avernus was a religious autocracy, with the Cathedral as its dais of power. Though the city lay in ruins, the Cathedral remained untouched. The demons knew better than to bite the hand that feeds them...|
|[Kain finds a mysterious altar room; and this strange text:]|
|Scripture:||And Hash'ak'gik spoke to the world, and all who heard trembled.|
"Bring me your first born, and shed their blood on the altar of the world, so I might take nourishment from them.
"Do this without question, or suffer my wrath for eternity."
And its will was done.
|[As Kain walks under a huge stained-glass ceiling depicting the battle between Vorador and Malek:]|
|Kain (V.O.):||Above me stood a memory, etched in stained glass.|
|[Kain finally confronts Azimuth:]|
|Azimuth:||Ah, what's this? I had not even realized the blade and the raiment were here. You wear those trinkets well, Kain. But I do believe that they would look better on me.|
|Kain (V.O.):||The Matriarch of Avernus, the Lady Azimuth: her magical planing skills summoned demons through runes inscribed in human blood.|
|[Azimuth taunts Kain:]|
|Azimuth:||Come to me my children! We shall ravage Nosgoth together!|
|Azimuth:||So, little man, have they sent you to stop me?|
My children shall rip you apart!
|Azimuth:||Come, my demons. Let us sup on vampire blood.|
|[Upon defeating Azimuth:]|
|Kain (V.O.):||For all her magic, the Lady Azimuth was little trouble; once her demonic thralls had been dispatched she fell quickly to my blade.|
|[Upon collecting Azimuth's Eye:]|
|Kain (V.O.):||Azimuth's third eye, a gift from the Pillar of Dimension, allowed the Planer sight into other realms. The Pillar reclaims its own.|
|[Upon collecting a Time Streaming Device:]|
|Ariel:||It will deliver you in time.|
- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain is not formally divided into chapters in-game.[BO1] The chapter names and definitions used at the Legacy of Kain Wiki originate from the supplementary Prima guide, Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain: Official Game Secrets.
- The dialogue transcripts used in this article are adapted from Tenaya's original transcript of Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain at Nosgothic Realm, and the pair of official Silicon Knights/Crystal Dynamics scripts hosted at The Lost Worlds as of 2012. As in the Nosgothic Realm transcript, some scene descriptions have had to be manually revised to reflect the finished product, but these edits are intended to be as slight as possible.