|Dark Forge Staffs|
|Soul Reaver 2 standard weapons|
Raziel with a Dark Forge Staff in Soul Reaver 2
|Introduced in||Soul Reaver 2|
|Obtained at||Dark Forge (SR2)|
The Dark Forge Staffs were first encountered by Raziel when he traveled to the Dark Forge in the swamp of the Pre-Blood Omen era. Inside the forge, these staffs could be found adorning the walls of several of the forge rooms and they could freely be picked up and used against the Shade and Undead Thralls enemies in the forge.[SR2][SR2-C3]
Dark Forge staffs were two-handed Trident/Halberd variant weapons; with a longer range and more power than sword variants, but at the cost of attacking speed. They were faster but less powerful than axe weapons[SR2].
- Like many of the weapons in Soul Reaver 2, Dark Forge staffs are not explicitly named in-game. In many guides and sources, weapons are divided by generally into one- or two-handed weapons, or into general weapon families(with the dark forge staff a two-handed and Tridents/Halberds variant). The weapon is labelled as "dstaff" in game files.[SR2] and briefly as a "ceremonial staff" in Prima's Soul Reaver 2 guide.
- Along with the Light Forge halberds, Light Forge tridents and Air Forge axes, Dark Forge staffs are one of four weapon variants found exclusively in elemental forges[SR2][SR2-C3] and they may therefore be Ancient vampire creations.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Soul Reaver 2 manual. Crystal Dynamics. (Eidos Interactive). (October 31, 2001) Download.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Prima Games / Demian Linn and David Hodgson. Prima's Official Soul Reaver 2 Guide. (2001)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Weapons: GameFAQs. Soul Reaver 2 FAQ/Walkthrough/Soul Reaver 2|Online (by Celtic Wolf).