The Cutlass was first found in the Canyons in the hands of Male Smugglers, the Cutlass was a variant of the Long Sword and had many of the same attacks, with Stealth kills including slitting the victim's stomach and driving the sword through the back of the skull so it protruded through the mouth. Grab attacks included pommeling the victims face and impaling them.[BO2]
- Few of the weapons wielded by Kain in Blood Omen 2 are consistently named; the title "Cutlass" is conjecture based upon appearance.
- In Prima's Blood Omen 2 Guide the weapon is named as a "saber", despite calling other sword variants simply "swords".
- In-game debug information, confirms the Cutlass as a Long Sword variant, giving it the label "Lsword4" (similar to "Lsword"for the Long Sword and "Lsword2" for the Scimitar)[BO2].
- ↑ Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002).
- ↑ Normal Weapons: Spiked Club,Dagger,Long Sword,Sarafan Staff,Cutlass,Dual-Bladed Staff,Small Ax "All these weapons can do three hit combos. When holding a grabbed opponent you can do three weak hits by pressing the attack button, do a heavy attack by pressing up and attack, or throw them a great distance by pressing up and the grab button. I recommend to inflict the most damage is to do two weak hits and finish off with either the heavy attack or throw.". GameFAQS. Blood Omen 2 Strategy Guide (2002)(by Chetflavin).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Smugglers attack the cart as you approach. One of them is hiding behind a rock, and he'll attack you with his saber. Kill him and the rest of his band before climbing the ladder to the top of the wagon." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Blood Omen 2(2002). Page 56 onwards. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0