Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain: Official Game Secrets, also known as Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain is the official game guide to Blood Omen, published by the 'Prima Games' division of Random House publishing.
- Chaos, Controls and Collectibles
- Gameplay basics
- Plotlines and Playability
- Pillars and Tokens
- Blood Sucking
- Barrels and Chests
- Vista Points
- Full Walkthrough (including labelled "Dungeon" and "World Maps", Locations and Highlighted tips for Lost City, Spirit Forges and The Lightning Spell Dungeon)
- Retrace Your Steps (Backtracking Extras with Wolf Form, The Mace, Mist Form and Blood Fountain strength upgrade)
- Reading the Runes (Blood Script Guide)
- The Blood Omen Prima Guide Walkthrough presents the game as having one set-pathway and ignores the optional nature of parts of the game. It does however, feature a small section dedicated to extras gained through backtracking after gaining certain abilities or weapons.
- The Blood Omen Prima Guide features a combination of high quality labelled maps and screenshots to explore locations; at least numbering most "Indoor"(dungeon) and "Outdoor" (world map) screen locations and providing names for several otherwise unnamed locations.
- Original copies of the Guide feature a large printed poster map of Nosgoth, almost identical to the ones originally packaged with PC versions of Blood Omen, but significantly bigger.
- The Blood Omen Prima Guide appears to feature fragments of an earlier build of the story; with reference to the cut dialogue between Anacrothe and Mortanius at the Pillars (and with Vorador on occasion stated to have only killed three guardians). The later Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver and Blood Omen 2 Prima Guides would both feature walkthrough sections that hinted at early builds of their respective games with several details different in the finished games.
- The Blood Omen Prima Guide makes reference to the idea that Malek "became" the Guardian of Conflict after his failure to protect the Circle (a situation which is also hinted at in the Silicon Knights BO1 FAQ and may have been Silicon Knights original intention). Crystal Dynamics continuity has subsequently made it clear that guardians are chosen from birth; leading to the fan-theory that Malek may, like Kain, have been largely ignorant of his guardianship for some time.
- The Guide was written by Ian Osborne and Seth Carus (of Crystal Dynamics) is credited under "Special Thanks"
- ↑ Blood Omen: Map of Nosgoth at Dark Chronicle (by Marie Tryhorn).
- ↑ Blood Omen Maps Page at The Lost Worlds (by Ben Lincoln).
- ↑ Strategy Guides Page at The Lost Worlds (by Ben Lincoln).
- ↑ A Traitor in The Circle Page at The Lost Worlds (by Ben Lincoln).
- ↑ Malek the Paladin at Dark Chronicle (by Marie Tryhorn).