The Bishop's Manor
|Introduced in||Blood Omen 2 (2002)|
|Ownership||The Bishop of Meridian|
|Status||intact (as of post-Blood Omen era)|
|Inhabitants||The Bishop of Meridian|
When Kain travelled to the Upper City, looking for the Bishop (and knowledge of the secret entrance to the Sarafan Keep), he sought out the Bishop's Manor, but the intervention of 'traitor vampire' Marcus would result in a race to the building between the two vampires. When Kain finally arrived at the Bishop's Manor, he found that it was surrounded by high fences and was being raided by the Sarafan. Finding an alternative entrance to the Bishop's Manor (by Jumping between two towers and entering via the roof), Kain was able to fight off the Sarafan troops long enough for Kain to reach the Bishop's Butler, who informed Kain that the Bishop had fled the oncoming Sarafan and had returned to the Cathedral using a secret tunnel from his Manor.
- The Bishop's Manor is a tall, grand building, that is lavishly decorated (better than most houses seen in the Upper City). Two "delivery servants" are heard conversing outside (one advising the other the other of the Sarafan searching the house and telling him to avoid it.). There is also a sign hanging from the tall fences that reads "Bishop's Manor"[BO2]
- Kain enters the Manor by Jumping between two high towers - both of these towers have several stained glass windows which resemble depictions of St. George and the Dragon [BO2].
- Sarafan Guard invading the Manor are heard discussing the possibility that the Bishop has a secret Tunnel through which he has fled, this is later confirmed to Kain by the Bishop's Butler.
- ↑ Vorador: "Kain, it is Vorador. You must reach the Bishop’s manor at the other end of the city. Only he can give you passage into the Seraphan Keep. The curfew has set in, so be careful on the streets. The guards are looking for anyone suspicious, and will attack you on sight."Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- ↑ Vorador: "Kain, the Bishop’s manor is near. However, the Seraphan patrols have locked down all the streets. You may be able to trick them into opening the gates. Find the clock tower, and ring its bell. The workers will think it time for their shift to change, and will open the gates."Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- ↑ Marcus: "You there! You are to conduct me to the Bishop’s manor on the instant."Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Delivery Servant: "Hey, you there, you work for the Bishop, don’t you? I have three crates of wine to deliver."//Manor Servant: "I don’t work for him."//Delivery Servant: "Oh yes you do. I've seen you there"//Manor Sevrant: "I’ve left his employ just this minute. And I wouldn’t go near the place if I were you."//Delivery Servant "Why not? I’ve got this wine –"//Manor Servant: "The Seraphan are searching the house."//Delivery Servant://"Thanks, friend, I owe you for that." Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Sarafan Guard: "I was here every minute. He did not get out this way. Have you found the tunnel yet?"//Sarafan Knight: "Ugh, you believe that rumor – that the Bishop had a tunnel?"//Sarafan Guard: "If he didn’t get out this way, and the others didn’t see him, then there must be a tunnel. It stands to reason."Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- ↑ Kain: "Yes, you will. Tell me where to find the Bishop."//Butler: "I can't – I mean, I don't know –"//Kain: "Shall I ease your mind and tell you I am sent by Vorador for the vampire resistance? Or shall I simply tear out your throat and continue my search? I leave the decision to you."//Butler: "The Cathedral – he fled there. He thought he would be safe."Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Butler: "Of course, sir. This way, sir. It is my pleasure to serve you. This tunnel will bring you again to the streets."Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.