|Bane's Antler Headdress|
| Pillar token|
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain quest item
Bane's Antler Headdress as it appears in Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain.
|Introduced in||Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (1996)|
|Classification||• Quest item|
|Obtained at||• The Dark Eden Castle|
|Given by||• Bane|
|Parameters||• "Repairs the Pillar of Nature."|
|Used at||• The Pillars of Nosgoth|
Bane's Antler Headdress was a Pillar token belonging to Bane, the Nature Guardian. Gifted to him by the Pillar of Nature, it appeared in Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, and numbered among the tokens retrieved by Kain during the Blood Omen era. Kain killed Bane and used the Headdress to restore the corrupt Nature Pillar.
Bane received the Antler Headdress from the Pillars of Nosgoth as a young Pillar Guardian. It served as his "link" to the Pillar of Nature, and as one of the several "trappings of a priest of nature" which formulated his costume.[BO1-C3] The Headdress was a "deer skull" comprised of "ivory bone", druidic in essence. It was the last of the tokens issued by the Nature Pillar before its destruction – the Pillars fatefully collapsed at the close of the Blood Omen era, when Kain, the Balance Guardian, refused the sacrifice and left the Pillar of Balance unrepaired.[BO1-C12]
On his quest, when Kain traveled to Dark Eden at Mortanius's suggestion, he found Bane conspiring with Anarcrothe and DeJoule in the Dark Eden Castle. Anacrothe fled and summoned Malek to destroy Kain, while Kain summoned Vorador in response. As Malek and Vorador duelled, Kain battled Bane and DeJoule.[BO1-C7] He killed them both, and the Headdress "sustained some damage" in the fight, losing its right antler and becoming "sullied" by dark cracks.[BO1-C7] Regardless, its inherent powers remained uncompromised, and when Kain placed it before the Nature Pillar, the offering was accepted and the Pillar was restored.[BO1-C7]
- The Antler Headdress offers rare evidence to prove the existence of some animal species which, though they exist within Nosgoth, are not directly encountered in the Legacy of Kain games (in this case, deer).
- The Headdress is one of four Pillar tokens which are visibly equipped by their owners in Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain. The other three are DeJoule's Insulating Cloak, Malek's Helmet, and Nupraptor's Head.[BO1]
- Nature Guardian
- Pillar Guardians
- Pillar of Nature
- Pillar tokens
- Pillars of Nosgoth
- Blood Omen: Tokens at Dark Chronicle (by Marie Tryhorn).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The Players at SK: The Complete Guide To Legacy of Kain (archived at Dark Chronicle)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain miscellaneous dialogue. Silicon Knights. Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain. (Crystal Dynamics). PlayStation. (November 1, 1996)
- ↑ Soul Reaver 2: Background Story at Dark Chronicle (by Marie Tryhorn)