Axes were first encountered by Raziel as he traveled into the Post-Blood Omen era and met his first Demon hunter enemies, with the mid-range Demon hunter axemen carrying the powerful axe weapons[SR2].
Axes were a two-handed weapon variant; with a longer range and more power than sword variants. As axe variants, they were among the slowest and most powerful (non-Reaver) weapons in the game; inflicting major damage, but much slower than other two-handed weapons[SR2]
- Like many of the weapons in Soul Reaver 2, Axes are not explicitly named in-game. In many guides and sources, weapons are divided by generally into one- or two-handed weapons, or into general weapon families(with the axes two-handed and an axe variant).
- The Axe is labelled as "vhaxea" in game files - this is unusual as within game files the "vh" tag generally refers to Moebius's vampire hunters and not the Demon hunters (labelled as "avh")[SR2]. This perhaps suggests that the axes were originally intended as a Vampire Hunter weapon.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Prima Games / Demian Linn and David Hodgson. Prima's Official Soul Reaver 2 Guide. (2001)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Soul Reaver 2 manual. Crystal Dynamics. (Eidos Interactive). (October 31, 2001) Download.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Weapons: GameFAQs. Soul Reaver 2 FAQ/Walkthrough/Soul Reaver 2|Online (by Celtic Wolf).