The Air Forge Axes were first encountered by Raziel when he traveled to the Air Forge in the Mountains of the Post-Blood Omen era. Inside the forge, these axes could be found adorning the walls of several of the forge rooms and they could freely be picked up and used against the Shade and Undead Thrall enemies in the forge.[SR2][SR2-C6]
Air Forge Axes were wielded with two hands, and as such they were comparable to other two-handed weapons (such as Tridents and Halberds) with a longer range and greater power than sword-variant weapons, but at the cost of a slower speed. As axe variants, they were among the slowest and most powerful (non-Reaver) weapons in the game; inflicting major damage, but much slower than other two-handed weapons[SR2].
- Like many of the weapons in Soul Reaver 2, Air Forge Axes are not explicitly named in-game. In many guides and sources, weapons are divided by generally into one- or two-handed weapons, or into general weapon families(with the air forge axe two-handed and an axe variant). The weapon is labelled simply as "axe" in game files[SR2] and briefly as a "ceremonial axe" in Prima's Soul Reaver 2 guide.
- Along with the Dark Forge staffs, Light Forge halberds and Light Forge tridents, the Air Forge Axes are one of four weapon variants found exclusively in elemental forges[SR2] and they may therefore be Ancient vampire creations.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Soul Reaver 2 manual. Crystal Dynamics. (Eidos Interactive). (October 31, 2001) Download.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Prima Games / Demian Linn and David Hodgson. Prima's Official Soul Reaver 2 Guide. (2001)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Weapons: GameFAQs. Soul Reaver 2 FAQ/Walkthrough/Soul Reaver 2|Online (by Celtic Wolf).